A world-renowned manufacturer of military aircraft required cleaning equipment for overhauling components during routine maintenance. After spending considerable time selecting suitable vendors, the military aircraft manufacturer chose Layton Technologies Limited.
Because military aircraft require scheduled maintenance at locations all over the world, including in some extremely harsh climates, routine precision cleaning must be carried out using flammable solvents together with ultrasonic agitation and heat-soaking of various components.
The preferred batch cleaning system had to be robust, easy to maintain and have an extended warranty. As the military aircraft operate in countries with hot climates, the solvent had to be chilled at temperatures below the flash point using cooling coils. A safety cut-out had to be in continual use should the fluid or ambient temperature rise above 40 deg C.
Layton Technologies designed and manufactured a 3-stage in-line system that successfully met all the customer’s criteria:
- The system includes chilled plates and an external chiller unit to ensure that the temperature requirements are always observed.
- The tanks are heavily insulated to keep temperatures at the required level with minimal power consumption.
- Each tank features in-line particle filtration and ultrasonic agitation to provide excellent and repeatable cleaning of the components.
- Two of the tanks are heated to 85 deg C and, in combination with the flammable fluid tank, can remove limescale and carbon from the parts.
- All tanks include fluid level detectors with automated fill and drain capabilities.
- A machine-mounted control panel displays and controls process times, temperatures and fluid levels. Should any pre-set parameters be exceeded, the control panel displays a warning to alert operators.
In addition, Layton’s team of designers and specialist procurement staff manufactured each system to be compatible with the electricity supply for the country of installation.
For more information contact Layton Technologies www.laytontechnologies.com +441782370400