On-going Service and Support
Companies who have critical applications cannot afford to have any significant down-time. With over 130 clients spread throughout the world Layton is accustomed to ensuring their clients remain operational at all times. Our 6 stage response is as follows:-
- 5 Year parts & labour warranty – our equipment is manufactured from high quality components and built to withstand even the most rigorous of production environments. We are so confident in our equipment that we now offer a comprehensive 5 year warranty.
- Modem/Webcam support – all of our equipment is fitted with a modem and webcam. This allows our engineers to provide immediate diagnosis and support in resolving any issues, eliminating the time it takes for any engineer to visit – regardless of location.
- Training – we train all of our customers own staff to maintain and repair their own equipment where necessary, including PLC and HMI training. We provide all the documentation needed for this task, including full PLC and HMI programs.
- Spares availability – stock is available from both our US and UK facilities within 24 hours. 95% of the components used in the manufacture of the equipment are easily available from stockists, worldwide.
- Local Support – in the unlikely event that this is required, we have trained engineers available on call from both our Staffordshire and US based facilities.
- Preventative maintenance support – we advise all of our clients to take advantage of our comprehensive PMS contracts. These form part of your planned maintenance schedule and have been proven to reduce downtime for our clients by up to 80-90%. As a result there is typically a reduction in overall operational costs in the region of 4-5%. Approximately 40% of Layton’s customer bases are long term users having purchased equipment and received on-going support over the last 20 years.
To reiterate, Layton has 100’s of installations worldwide all operating critical applications in defence, military and essential supply chain operational sites where any downtime is extremely costly. In over 15 years of trading throughout the world Layton engineers have never been called to site to resolve a breakdown situation.
It is not our policy to criticise other suppliers but our experience is that Layton beat any and all of our competition in terms of support hands down and we have reference sites to prove it.
Furthermore, Layton relies heavily on referrals for future business. We frequently turn business down in other parts of the World if we believe that our long standing reputation would be damaged if we were unable to support our equipment in the field.