The project phases will include the following:
- A full documentation package will be supplied allowing for detailed discussions on overall sizes and system configurations etc. thus eliminating the risk of any misunderstandings between the customer and Layton prior to manufacture. This documentation package will consist of a general arrangement diagram (GA), a piping and instrumentation diagram (P&ID) and a functional design specification (FDS) together with a Project Plan. All of these documents will be discussed at the Design Review Meeting between the customer and Layton Technologies project engineers and full approval and agreement will be obtained prior to manufacture.
- During manufacture a Principal Project Engineer from Layton Technologies will be assigned to ensure that all aspects of the project are kept in line with the project plan and a weekly telephone conference can be arranged to ensure that all parties are aware of how the project is progressing.
- Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) to ensure the system meets the description of the FDS and any drawings produced and revised by Layton and The customer during the course of the contract. This will be carried out at the Layton Technologies facility.
- The system will be fully commissioned at the customer’s facility by Layton Technologies own engineering staff.
- Full operator and maintenance training will be given by the commissioning engineers to ensure that all relevant personnel are able to satisfy themselves as to their ability to use and maintain the system efficiently and effectively.
- A Site Acceptance Test (SAT) criteria will be agreed with the customer during the project and these tests will be demonstrated on site during the final sign off and completion. Effectively, the equipment will be demonstrated as being fully functioning prior to final acceptance by the customer.
Service and Support Phase
- The inclusion of on-board modem facilities allows for full on line support and interrogation of system defaults and this may also be used to assist in the optimisation of the operation and process parameters. A webcam link can also be made available.
- A comprehensive manual is supplied with the system which includes operation and maintenance instructions, recommended spares and preventative maintenance schedules, PLC ladder program, touchscreen programme, equipment data sheets for parts used in the construction of the equipment. The manual also includes schematic drawings of refrigeration, pipework flow, pneumatic and electrical circuits.